Why should you adjust your sunglasses?
There’s nothing more frustrating than finding a pair of sunglasses you’ve fallen in love with but they won’t stop slipping off your face!
When you’re out enjoying the gorgeous sunny weather, the last thing you want to worry about is damaging your new favourite sunglasses. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to keep your sunglasses from sliding down your nose or falling off your face. If you think your sunglasses are too big and need adjusting, here are our top tips.
Adjusting sunglasses with metal frames
To adjust metal framed sunglasses, such as Austin Sun in Gold, follow these simple steps:
- Heat isn’t required to alter metal frames, though it may make it easier to reshape them properly if they’re warmed up.
- Apply steady pressure where needed until a significant change is made to permanently modify metal frames. Because bending a frame back is more difficult than making the initial modification, use light pressure.
- Before making any further adjustments, make sure you put your glasses on and try them on. A minor change could have a bigger impact than you believe.
Adjusting sunglasses with acetate frames
- Heat is required to modify acetate frames, such as Axel Sun in Tortoise.
- Heat your glasses using a hairdryer on a low setting for 15 to 25 seconds. Apply gentle pressure to the place where you need to make an adjustment after the frames have warmed up.
- Keep in mind that even after being heated, plastic might snap if pressed too hard. Make sure not to overheat your glasses, as this might cause them to deform, discolour, or melt.
- Before making any further adjustments, make sure you put your glasses on and try them on. A minor change could have a bigger impact than you expect.
Tighten the screws
In many cases, the remedy to the problem of frame movement is as simple as tightening the screws that connect the arms to the main frame section. A small screwdriver is the only tool you’ll need. You can also gently flex the arms of your sunglasses to make them fit more snugly on your head if necessary.
Anti-Slip Silicone Nose Pads
Nose pads are included in the design of some sunglasses types (such as Brooklyn Sun). If your sunglasses feature nose pads, special anti-slip silicone nose pads can be purchased to keep your sunglasses in place. Many of these pads are easy to apply; simply peel and put them in place, and you’re done! This should really help if you find that your sunglasses are falling off your face.
Get summer ready with Arlo Wolf
Looking for high-quality sunglasses at an affordable price? Arlo Wolf offers a wide range of frames to suit your style, all fitted with UV400 lenses which gives your eyes maximum protection from the sun.
Browse our sunglasses for women and sunglasses for men to make sure you’re ready for the summer! You can also try on up to four frames at home before deciding which to purchase with our try before you buy service, finding your perfect pair of sunglasses has never been easier.
We also have a guide to adjusting your prescription glasses at home, which offers similar tips and tricks to keep your glasses where they should be.