Black Friday is about offers but there is something better than discounted stuff; FREE STUFF! This is just a reminder that we still have our competition going for a gift card at WonderDays.
As the holiday season approaches, shoppers are gearing up for the biggest shopping event of the year – Black Friday. This annual retail extravaganza has become synonymous with unbeatable discounts, long lines (well not here at Arlo Wolf as we sell online), and crowds. In this article, we’ll explore the origins of Black Friday, its evolution into a global phenomenon, and provide tips on how to make the most of this year’s sales.
The Origins of Black Friday
Let’s get a little back ground on Black Friday. The term “Black Friday” originally referred to the financial crisis of 1869 when the U.S. gold market collapsed. However, its association with the day after Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday shopping season can be traced back to the mid-20th century. Retailers in Philadelphia used the phrase to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic that occurred on the day after Thanksgiving. Needless to say Black Friday is now a global phenomenon.
Black Friday Today
Today, Black Friday has evolved into a massive shopping event both in brick-and-mortar stores and online, like our very own Arlo Wolf . Most of the Arlo Wolf staff do shop online just because its easier. Retailers offer significant discounts on a wide range of products, from electronics and appliances to clothing and toys. The rise of e-commerce has also given birth to Cyber Monday, the online equivalent of Black Friday, extending the shopping spree throughout the weekend. Arlo Wolf will of course also have offers on prescription glasses so please do not forget to come back so you can scoop up a pair or two of our new models!
Deals and Discounts
Consumers can expect substantial discounts on popular items such as smart home devices, electronics, fashion, and more. Retailers often release their Black Friday ads ahead of time, allowing shoppers to plan their purchases strategically. Some stores even offer doorbuster deals – deeply discounted items available in limited quantities, encouraging early-bird shoppers to arrive as soon as doors open.
Shopping Tips for Black Friday Success:
- Plan Ahead: Research deals in advance, create a shopping list, and prioritise the items you want to purchase. For example order a free home trial so you know which you want to buy when we release our Black Friday offer.
- Set a Budget: With the excitement of discounts, it’s easy to overspend. Set a budget to ensure you stay within your financial limits. Our prescription glasses are great value for your money so it is very difficult to overspend at Arlo Wolf so this is more a general piece of advice.
- Compare Prices: Don’t be swayed by the first deal you see. Compare prices across different retailers to ensure you’re getting the best value.
- Online vs. In-Store: Decide whether you prefer the in-store experience or the convenience of online shopping. Many Black Friday deals are available both in-store and online.
- Stay Informed: Follow us on social media, subscribe to our newsletters, to stay informed about the latest deals and promotions.
Black Friday continues to be an exciting and highly anticipated event for shoppers around the world. Whether you’re braving the crowds in-store or taking advantage of online deals (which is our preferred way), careful planning and a strategic approach can help you make the most of this shopping extravaganza. As Black Friday approaches, gear up for savings, and happy shopping!